Tournament Dates are May 23rd thru September 12th
Deadline for entries is Wednesday, May 17th.
Singles draw done by May 16
This is a Singles Match Play tournament
- Full handicaps are in use for this tournament
- Each round of the tournament must be played with a block of time as follows:
- Round 1 – 23 May – 13 June
- Round 2 and first consolation round 20 June – 11 July
- Round 3 and second consolation round 18 July – 1 August
- Round 4 and third consolation round 8 – 22 August
- Round 5 and fourth consolation round 29 August – 12 September
- Scheduling of matches is arranged by the participants.
By entering you agree to share contact information with other participants.
- Matches can be played on any day of the allotted time or that round including Men’s Night. Let the Wed night Chairman know soonest if you wish to arrange a match for the next Wed Night. You must provide a phone number that you can be reached at when you sign-up. Failure to do so means you will not be entered.
- Deadlines will be strictly adhered to. If you are unable to be contacted for scheduling of a match prior to the deadline, you will be disqualified. If neither individual makes an effort to schedule their match, both will be disqualified. Requests for extension (in event of overlapping vacations only) are at the discretion of the tournament chairperson.
- For all other instances, unplayed matches from each round will be scheduled by the committee for the last Wed in the block for that round. Failure to show for your tee time will result in disqualification – no exceptions.
- There is a consolation side for individuals that lose in the first round only.
- In match play the game is played by holes. Except as otherwise provided in the Rules of Golf, a hole is won by the side that holes its ball in fewest strokes. In a handicap match the lower net score wins the hole. A match (which consists of a stipulated round, unless otherwise decreed by the Committee) is won by the side which is leading by a number of holes greater than the number of holes remaining to be played.
- Best net score is recorded on each hole.
- The individual that wins the hole scores plus 1. If the hole is tied, neither individual receives a point.
- If the match is tied after 18 holes, the match is to be decided by sudden-death playoff beginning at the first hole.
- Allowance – The higher handicapped player receives the full difference between the Course Handicaps of the two players: the lower handicapped player shall play from scratch.
- Example – A player with a Course Handicap of 17 shall receive four strokes from a player with a Course Handicap of 13. The player receives them on the holes allocated as the first four handicap-stroke holes. For Victoria these are holes No. 4, 13, 5, and 18 – in that order.
- If a match cannot be completed because of inclement weather (either individual can suspend the match due to inclement weather), it must be re-played from the point at which it was suspended.
- 1st and 2nd place on the main side
- 1st and 2nd place on the consolation side
2019 (Gary S)
2018 (Salim K)
2017 (Ian M)
2016 (Salim K)
2015 (Gord E)
2014 (Jim R)
2013 (Derrick F?)
2012 (Art G)
2011 (Trung C)
2010 (Allan N)
2009 (Stan M)
2008 (Paul T)
2007 (Mario B)