Wednesday Night is for competitive golf with an emphasis on fun and socialization.
Each week is Medal Play (stroke play) with hole prizes for all handicap groups.
All members of the Victoria Men’s Golf Club are eligible to participate.
The Cut-off for signing up to play on Wednesday is Sunday @ Noon.
- Medal Play (stroke play)
- RCGA rules of golf are in full effect
- No “Gimmies” when putting. All holes are to be putted out
- No “Mulligan’s” are allowed
- Scorecards are to be handed in at the end of your round, to the Wednesday Night Chair, and must include the following:
- Full name of each player
- Gross score
- Handicap for each player
- Net score
- Pace of play is to be maintained at all times.
- Target 4 hours and 15 minutes
- Keep up to the group in front of you.
- Keep pre-shot routines to a minimum
- Move quickly to your next shot and play ready golf.
- $5.00 will be collected by the pro-shop every Wednesday from everyone who is playing.
- All money that is collected each Wednesday will be paid out on that Wednesday, with the exception of the portion of the prize pool that is put towards the Deuce Pot. This portion could carry forward to future weeks.
- All prize holes and deuce pots will be paid out in the form of a pro-shop voucher.
The prize holes will be as follows (prize markers will be on each hole):
- Hole #3 – KP (Hdcp 0 to 15)
- Hole #4 – Long Drive (Hdcp 0 to 9)
- Hole #4 – Long Drive (Hdcp 10 to 15)
- Hole #4 – Long Drive (Hdcp 16 to 20)
- Hole #4 – Long Drive (Hdcp 21 and up)
- Hole #6 – KP 2nd Shot (All Hdcp)
- Hole #7 – KP (Hdcp 16 and up)
- Hole #9 – Long Putt (All Hdcp)
- Hole #12 – KP (All Hdcp)
- Hole #18 – Long Putt (All Hdcp)
- Low Gross – 18 Hole Round
- Low Net – 18 Hole Round
- The Deuce pot will start on May 2 and end on August 29
- Played on Wednesday’s only
- Competition will be within your Handicap group, based on your current handicap for that round
- If you do not have an established handicap you will compete in the 0-9 Hdcp until you have an established handicap.
- The Deuce Pot will be on Par 3’s only.
- Hole #’s 3, 7, 12, 17 and 8 for the low Hdcp (0-9)
- Starting Deuce Pot Value will be $10.00 per group.
- An equal amount will be added from the prize pool each week to each handicap group
- The Deuce pot will carry over until there is a winner.
- Multiple “Deuces”, from the same Hdcp Group, on the same night will split the pot value
- After a handicap group has a winner they will rotate to a different hole and the pot will start over again for that handicap group at $10.00
- Hdcp 0-9 – rotation will be 17, 3, 7, 12, 8
- Hdcp 10-15 – rotation will be 3, 7, 12, 17
- Hdcp 16-20 – rotation will be 7, 12, 17, 3
- Hdcp 21 and up – rotation will be 12, 17, 3, 7
- Clearly identify on your scorecard when you have made a Deuce on the appropriate hole. Winners will only be identified from the scorecards handed in.
Any Deuce Pot money that has not been paid out on August 29 will be distributed in the prize pool when we switch to paying out on all front nine holes.