Tournament Dates: May 24th to August 30th
Deadline for entries: Sunday May 7th
Doubles draw posted by: May 12th
This is a Two Man Team Match Play tournament.
- Full handicaps are in use for this tournament.
- Each round of the tournament must be played within a block of time as follows:
- Round 1 – 24 May – 14 June
- Round 2 – 21 June – 5 July
- Round 3 – 12 July – 26 July
- Round 4 – 2 August – 16 August
- Round 5 – 23 August – 30 August
Scheduling of matches is arranged by the participants.
By entering you agree to share contact information with other participants.
- Matches can be played on any day of the allotted time for that round including Men’s Night. Let the Wed Night Chairman know soonest if you wish to arrange a match for the next Wednesday night.
- You must provide a phone number that you can be reached at when you sign-up. Failure to do so means you will not be entered.
- Deadlines will be strictly adhered to. If you are unable to be contacted for scheduling of a match prior to the deadline, you will be disqualified. Requests for extension (in event of overlapping vacations only) are at the discretion of the tournament chairperson.
- For all other instances, unplayed matches from each round will be scheduled by the committee for the last Wed in the block for that round. Failure to show for your tee time will result in disqualification – no exceptions.
- There is a consolation side for individuals that lose in the first round only.
- In match play the game is played by holes. Except as otherwise provided in the Rules of Golf. A hole is won by the side that holes its ball in fewer strokes. In four-ball match play, two play their better ball against the better ball of two other players. In a handicap match the lower net score wins the hole. A match (which consists of a stipulated round, unless otherwise decreed by the Committee) is won by the side which is leading by a number of holes greater that the number of holes remaining to be played.
- Best net score is recorded on each hole.
- The team that wins the hole scores plus 1. The team that loses the hole scores minus 1. If the hole is tied, neither team receives a point.
- If the match is tied after the 18th hole, the match is to be decided by sudden-death playoff beginning at Hole #1. Handicaps are still in play for the play-off.
- Allowance – Reduce the Course Handicaps of all four players by the Course Handicap of the player with the lowest handicap, who shall then play from scratch. Allow each of the three other players 100 percent of the difference.
- Example: Player A has a handicap of 10, player B is a 12, player C is a 14, and player D is a 16. Player A has the lower handicap, subtract his score from all players’ handicaps. The result:
- Player A plays from scratch
- Player B receives strokes on the first two handicap-stroke holes.
- Player C receives strokes on the first four handicap-stroke holes.
- Player D receives strokes on the first six handicap-stroke holes.
- If a match cannot be completed because of inclement weather (either individual can suspend the match due to inclement weather), in must be replayed from the point at which it was suspended.
- If your partner does not show or cannot make a time prior to the end of the block time – you play on your own with your handicap only.
- 1st and 2nd place on the main side
- 1st and 2nd place on the consolation side
2022 Champions – Allan Nalli & Peter Leong
2022 Consolation Winners – Brad Kendall and Kourch Chan
2021 (Allan N & Peter L) Consolation (Parker H & Al C)
2020 (Lincoln C & Doug K) Consolation (Howard R & Milan T)
2019 (Lincoln C & Doug K) b-side (Jarad W & Greg W)
2018 (Rick J & Jim R)
2017 (Howard R & Milan T) b-side (Aaron A & Greg G)
2016 (Lincoln C & Doug K) b-side (Paul Z & Daryl S)
2015 (Gord E & Gary S) b-side (Chalard C & Stan M)
2014 (Brent G & Salim K)
2013 (Allan N & Peter L)
2012 (Mike W & Stephen L) b-side (Allan N & Peter L)
2011 (Allan N & Peter L) b-side (Jarad W & Josh M)
2010 (Art G & Dave R)
2009 (Paul Z & Joel Z)
2008 (Salim K & Shiraz K)
2007 (Derrick F & Wayne S)