Doubles Match Play Draw (click on link)
Tournament Dates: May 24th to August 30th
Deadline for entries: Sunday, May 7th
Doubles draw posted by: May 12th
This is a Two Man Team Match Play tournament
Participants are limited to 64 players (32 Teams of 2 players)
- Full handicaps are in use for this tournament.
- The deadline for each round of the tournament is as follows:
- Round 1 – June 14
- Round 2 – July 5
- Round 3 – July 26
- Round 4 (Semi-Final) – August 16
- Round 5 (Final and Consolation)- August 30
- By entering you agree to share contact information with other participants.
- Scheduling of matches is arranged by the participants
- Matches are mostly played during Men’s Night but can be played on any day of the allotted time for that round. If you and your competitor wish to arrange a match for the next Wed night, indicate so on the sign-up sheet.
- Deadlines will be strictly adhered to. If you are unable to be contacted for scheduling of a match prior to the deadline, you will be disqualified. If neither individual makes an effort to schedule their match, then it will be decided by a coin toss. Requests for extension are at the discretion of the Match Play Chairperson.
- For all other instances, unplayed matches from each round will be considered to be scheduled on the deadline date for that round. Failure to show for your tee time will result in disqualification – no exceptions.
- There will be no “B” side but there is a consolation round for those that lose in the semi-final round.
- In match play the game is played by holes. Except as otherwise provided in the Rules of Golf. A hole is won by the side that holes its ball in fewer strokes. In four-ball match play, Team 1 plays their better ball against the better ball of Team 2. In a handicap match the lower net score wins the hole. A match (which consists of a stipulated round, unless otherwise decreed by the Committee) is won by the side which is leading by a number of holes greater than the number of holes remaining to be played.
- Best net score is recorded on each hole.
- The team that wins the hole scores plus 1. The team that loses the hole scores minus 1. If the hole is tied, neither team receives a point.
- If the match is tied after the 18th hole, the match is to be decided by sudden-death playoff beginning at Hole #1. Handicaps are still in play for the play-off. (Check in at the Pro-shop to be slotted in among the public)
- Allowance – Reduce the Course Handicaps of all four players by the Course Handicap of the player with the lowest handicap, who shall then play from scratch. Allow each of the three other players 100 percent of the difference.
- Example – Player A has a handicap of 10, player B is a 12, player C is a 14, and player D is a 16. Player A has the lower handicap, subtract his score from all players’ handicaps. The result:
- Player A plays from scratch
- Player B receives strokes on the first two handicap-stroke holes.
- Player C receives strokes on the first four handicap-stroke holes.
- Player D receives strokes on the first six handicap-stroke holes.
- If a match cannot be completed because of inclement weather (either team can suspend the match due to inclement weather), in must be replayed from the point at which it was suspended.
- If your partner does not show or cannot make a time prior to the end of the block time – you play on your own with your handicap only.
- 1st and 2nd place on the main side
- 1st and 2nd place on the consolation side
2022 Champions – Allan Nalli & Peter Leong
2022 Consolation Winners – Brad Kendall and Kourch Chan
2021 (Allan N & Peter L) Consolation (Parker H & Al C)
2020 (Lincoln C & Doug K) Consolation (Howard R & Milan T)
2019 (Lincoln C & Doug K) b-side (Jarad W & Greg W)
2018 (Rick J & Jim R)
2017 (Howard R & Milan T) b-side (Aaron A & Greg G)
2016 (Lincoln C & Doug K) b-side (Paul Z & Daryl S)
2015 (Gord E & Gary S) b-side (Chalard C & Stan M)
2014 (Brent G & Salim K)
2013 (Allan N & Peter L)
2012 (Mike W & Stephen L) b-side (Allan N & Peter L)
2011 (Allan N & Peter L) b-side (Jarad W & Josh M)
2010 (Art G & Dave R)
2009 (Paul Z & Joel Z)
2008 (Salim K & Shiraz K)
2007 (Derrick F & Wayne S)
2020 (Doug & Lincoln)
2019 (Doug & Lincoln)
2018 (Jim R & Rick J)
2015 (Gary & Gord)
2014 (Brent & Salim)